Monday, February 05, 2007

Two-hour haircut

Had my haircut today. Finally, after telling NH I wanted to cut my hair since before the Christmas holidays... but since his friend went back home during the hols, I didn't get to cut.

Before I could get my haircut, I had to sit through XG's; I had to follow him to the place because I didn't know where it was. Average cutting time for each person (most of his customers are guys) is an hour, but for me it took two. He said he hadn't cut for a girl for some time already, but his cutting seemed alright to me.

Other than taking so long (which I had also experienced from a salon owner when I went back to Singapore during the summer holidays!), we managed to understand each other quite well when discussing what I want my hair to be like. We spoke in a mixture of Chinese, Cantonese and English... lol this is so weird. When at first we conversed in Chinese, I kept lapsing into English for some unknown reason, and out of the blue he spoke Cantonese to me (because that's what he was speaking to the person before XG). After apologising though, I said I could speak Cantonese as well, so we started to communicate in that, although sometimes it was better to describe some things in more than one language :P

The hair turned out to be acceptable, except that maybe because he's not so experienced, some places are too straight for my liking. But they'll grow soon, I suppose. When I got home I had a big shock looking in the mirror because it looked much shorter than in his mirror! I dunno why... but anyway, I think it's ok. I just hope it's not going to be too messy when I wake up tomorrow morning... the day after haircuts is always panic day.













That's how the hair looked after I took a shower. Not as messy as when I first came home, because he blew dry the hair, and I mean really so dry that there were lots of frizziness. Bleargh, I'm totally against hair dryers. I think they only spoil your hair.

First time is FREE! :D

No comments: