Sunday, April 01, 2007

Easter break

It's the holidays again, this time with three essays and two pieces (one not more than 6 mins and one 8-12 mins long). And this time I'll be good. No more one-day-late essay that got demoted two grades down just because they took away 5 marks for the lateness! No way.

On top of the essays and assignments, I'll also be preparing for a written paper and two recitals. And an extra recital that's not graded for me, but I'm just playing as part of somebody's ensemble. Of course I'll have to make sure I play properly and not be the cause of her getting a grade lower than she deserves. I might accompany her for her recital too, if she remembers to leave me the scores before she goes home for the holidays.

Guess I don't have it as bad as people who have to spend their holiday preparing for about 3-5 papers. But it also depends on how you see the situation, I think? Anyway, I'm quite pleased that at least not all the deadlines are on the first day of term.

Had a good break yesterday, though. OM came down to visit us and he gave very constructive comments when I played some of my recital stuff for him. He's a great help. Then we (OM, II, GH and I) went yum cha-ing for lunch. It wasn't too expensive in the end since we could split the bill between the four of us. A pleasant change from normal chinese meals that would end up costing about the same.

I had a day-off as well. I just love not having a nagging feeling at the back of my head that's making sure I remember I have to get to work by 5.30. Went for a movie with HN at night and we had a great time laughing at the silliness of mr bean. Just felt he was so stupid to be running away from authorities when he could have asked them for help. But he was real hilarious and sort of cute in a way while he was in the car with the French actress. I guess that's what bean is, his silliness is what makes everyone laugh. However I kept feeling he is evil, because of some of the things he did. Of course, at the end of the day he's the mr-good-guy who managed to return the stranded boy to his father (which is in no small part due to luck).

Well, going to start mugging and working hard from today! Although at the back of my head I think I will watch 300, with HN again. Of course I won't say no when he's such a fantastic person to catch movies with.

No comments: