Sunday, January 28, 2007

I wish there were more than 24 hours a day...

Arghhhh. Wanted to wake up really early yesterday and today, about around 6am so that I can get to uni by 7-7.30 to practise. But was dead tired after a very busy night in the restaurant on Friday, so I only woke up at 10am yesterday. Didn't even hear my alarm clock. Hate the feeling of frustration when I realise how late it is and how many hours I've wasted. So I rushed to school and managed to squeeze in about 4.5 hours of practising before having to come home and go to work.

Also asked the boss if I could just set up the restaurant and then leave at opening time, since the other waitress would be working. Was really evil to do this, but at that point I couldn't really be bothered anymore because I've now ended up working every Wednesday for her although when we first agreed on that it was meant to be temporary. I needed the time too; hadn't had time to move my stuff into my room over the week (the whole table was cluttered with stuff that belong to various housemates... they seemed to have likened the empty table to a store room).

So last night I finally piled all the things somewhere on the floor and set up my laptop, hard disk, speakers etc. Finally! A table to do my work on! Later today I'll try to bring the books up from the kitchen too.

Right now I've just finished webcam-ing with the parents and I've got to take a quick shower before I rush to uni to practise. NH's friend is going to cut my hair for me in the afternoon. They say he cuts alright, just that he can sometimes take up to two hours per person, so my whole afternoon is likely to be burnt. Sigh. Things I do to save a bit of money... haha maybe I should reconsider going for a haircut in one of the many salons for £14.99?

4 comments:

sereneannabelle said...

that's about S$45! go to some hair academy or something perhaps?

j said...

ya I know! there is something like that in the uni, but there's been lots of negative feedback about them from other students. anyway, this friend-of-friend charges 5 pounds per haircut so I guess it's ok.

Scott McLean said...

Also, sometimes it would be great if things were like open all night. I mean, stores closing should never happen! I get bored before bedtime. haha Hope you have a great weekend,

Scott

j said...

I agree! But there are always pubs and bars, which people never get bored of here it seems.