Monday, January 08, 2007

One down

Finished the assignment tonight, finally... after about 2 hours spent creating only 1 minute of music. Pathetic. At least that's done, I guess. Just left with the write-up, which I'll do after I've finished the essays.

Went to the uni's other campus today after work, because I needed another edition of the score of what I've chosen to write about. And I also found a useful book for another essay. Good... now I just gotta bury my nose in the books.

I'm just starting to get stressed about practising because I've been occupied by the work-dinner-assignment-sleep cycle for the past week, and haven't once been to uni to practise. And this will be the last week before term starts... how!!!! (Reminds me of that phrase we used to say in secondary school... 'how now brown cow?')

Am really sleepy today... after having very little sleep on Saturday and Sunday nights, I couldn't wake up this morning. As usual, I hit the snooze button and hovered between sleep and half-wakefulness, occasionally looking at the clock to see if I'm late. What I didn't realise was that my clock had stopped for some minutes while I was asleep, so it was about 15 minutes behind. Fortunately, NH came to knock on my door because he didn't hear me moving about the house like I usually do at that time in the morning. Good thing my rushing-to-school/work skills are good enough to include on a CV, and I managed to reach the cafe at 9am on the dot even though I left the house 10 minutes later than I usually do. But actually usually I'll be a bit early la...

The thing I'm now wishing not to happen is that AL can't work in the cafe on Wednesday, or any day after that. Previously, before the boss went for holidays, she said she would work in the cafe from Wednesday to Saturday, so that I won't have to work full days in both the cafe and restaurant. (And also because she would be having something else in her college during the four evenings so she can't work in the restaurant.) But so far, she hasn't gotten back to miss-experienced although she said she would call this morning.

Oh, and after working a week with miss-experienced, I realised the know-it-all impression I got of her at the beginning is only because she's already so used to everything, that when newbies like me get simple things wrong or ask 'stupid' questions, she gets exasperated. Nothing to do with whether she thinks she's very great. And actually, she's an ok person. Not exceptionally friendly, but not frostily hostile either.

No comments: