Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm still alive

I survived working alone yesterday! Woohoo...

But it wasn't very busy so it was manageable. There was a new chef as well, she's quite ok, just that she gets a bit sullen after 8pm cos I think normally on week nights she's used to sleeping early, like about 8 plus. That's really early!!!

But one of the older chefs said he'll be quiting in January. No more favourite trio of chefs.

I like the job.
  1. The head chef is humourous and won't get really angry unless it's something very serious.
  2. The other students working there as chefs or waitresses are friendly.
  3. The customers are usually not too demanding unless it's really busy.
  4. I get my exercise by standing and walking from 5pm to about 10 or 11pm. And washing the heavy yakitori grill. (Yes my legs are aching after only working two days in a row.)
  5. It's quite near my house, about 20-30 minutes' walk away, and either the head chef or one of the other chefs will drive us home after work.
Was so tired last night that I knocked out at 1am in the morning and slept till 10am. That was after taking a nice hot shower, having something to eat with NH, then chatting a while when YR and his girlfriend came home. As for tonight... I hope against hope it won't be too busy even though it's Friday.

No comments: