Saturday, November 11, 2006

Why I started this blog

Despite already having a blog, I decided to start a new, and (hopefully) anonymous one. The simple reason for doing this is that it is quite frustrating having to hold my tongue (or, in this case, fingers) when I really feel like bitching about people but know I can't because they'll probably be reading my blog. While I may feel disappointed with their behaviours and characters, I am definitely not looking to make any enemies. As such, I'll very much rather remain friendly towards these people (and at times, they can be pleasant company if they chose to) while keeping any rantings against them confined within this blog.

Also, I'd rather not let on about certain details of my life since these people have the tendency to spread the word quickly and in the process, often stretch the truth a bit too much. Generally, they have a superior complex and tend to bitch about anything anyone does because, to them, they are the only ones who do things right. To date, I don't think these people have actually been nasty towards me, but I don't think I want to wait around for them to start. Starting a new blog just because of a couple of irritating people might seem like a nuisance and all, but there are other reasons as well I guess.

Mostly, I'm quite a private person who doesn't talk about herself to anyone, not even to my closest friends or family members. It's just how I've always been. So what am I doing writing a blog open to anyone and everyone to read? If I'm just looking to rant and rave why not start a private diary, or talk to some object, pet, or to the empty room even? I'm not too sure about this myself either, but being the private person that I am, sometimes too many things go on in my head and I just need to air my thoughts and feelings. How ironic.

Blogging sort of gives me the platform to do this, to communicate with anyone who comes across this blog, without me feeling uncomfortable about letting someone into my thoughts. Well yes, by blogging I am doing this, but in a sense I'm not doing it either since the reader doesn't know who I am, and vice versa. Hmm, that's about it I guess, stay on and read my incessant ramblings if you like.

No comments: