Sunday, December 31, 2006

Depressing wet New Year's Eve










Sudden downpour of heavy rain at about 11pm... sian. Been trying to complete the assignment since 8pm. Actually, got woken up by my parents to webcam at 8am after only having slept for three hours. Since I was fully awake by the time we finished talking, I tried to do the assignment but after a mere thirty minutes I started nodding off in front of the computer.

In an attempt to wake myself up, I went to the kitchen for some fruits. But another half an hour later, I started dozing off again. My head snapped up periodically, and after adding a couple of notes or listening to the masterpiece shitty piece again I'll be nodding off. Somehow I just couldn't shake off the sleep.

At 2pm I joined NH for lunch in the kitchen, pooling our dwindling foodstuffs together to create a really weird meal of fish fingers sandwiches for him and a turkey ham sandwich for me (non-halal ham)... and curly fries too. Just as we were finishing lunch and I was thinking I could maybe now keep awake long enough to do some work, MH came by. And both NH and I stayed in the kitchen chatting with her, until about 5pm when MH decided to go home for a while before coming back to join XH for dinner.

XH had invited me for dinner too, but once MH left I tried to start work again... only to fall asleep, like really asleep kind of asleep (what's wrong with me man!). Only woke up at 8pm and by then I was feeling really dreadful that I hadn't done much. Think someone did knock on my door while I was asleep and probably saw me sleeping when they opened it, but by the time I woke up I decided not to join them for dinner.

Work I did, though it's a very slow time-consuming process for me (I'm not like those who can just churn out lots of good stuff in an instant, too bad). I also got to enjoy some fireworks courtesy of some rich people staying somewhere up the street. Hmm but I think fireworks are not as expensive here though, because it's so popular during festive days and I always here them whenever it's some important occasion.

So far, I've only managed to hit the 2-minute mark (three-quarters of which were already completed before today), and that's out of a 6-8 minute piece I gotta write. So that boils down to what, half a minute written after three hours of work? Long way to go... although I think I'll just stay up all night and bury my head in there. If I just finish this assignment by tomorrow, I will definitely not be as stressed next week. Just gonna take a nice warm shower (no heater after midnight... brrrrr), and maybe cook something quick.

No comments: