Monday, December 18, 2006

Random musings

It's so ironic that I'm having a social life again because of work. Although I now have less time to spend with friends, I've also found a new bunch of friends at work to go out with. I guess that's the good thing about working with other students.

Last night four of us had planned to go to the movies, but HD didn't turn up in the end. We still had a blast though, because AN and HN are such fun people to hang out with.

This afternoon three of us planned to go jalan jalan in the city centre where the christmas market is going on. But AL didn't reply my SMS-es nor did she pick up my calls so only HN and I ended up going instead. Haha just what I've been dreaming of, spending time with him. But I've already convinced myself that we are just friends and I shouldn't be expecting anything more than that. So I had a great time without feeling awkward or trying too hard to be nice.

However, lurking in the back of my head there's still a list keeping track of all the nice things he's done. Like when we're clearing up after work and he helps set up the cafe (my job) while the rest, including me, are doing the dishes. He insists that he hates doing the dishes, which might be a reasonable explanation. And buying the coffee yesterday, paying for part of my movie ticket (by giving me more change), treating me to food at the market today, paying for my little souvenir together with his (and then declining when I said I didn't have small change to pay him back). Little things that can be explained away with other reasons.

Or one night just before opening time when AL said it might be busy because she'd seen people peering in while we were setting up. And HN said the people might have been looking at the pretty girls inside. Which everyone laughed off, including me. But at the same time I also wondered if that was his way to casually drop me a compliment. I'm pretty sure if it was meant to be a compliment it wouldn't be for AL, not being mean or anything but she's about twelve years older than us. And yet it could just have been one of the many jokes we crack during work :/

That's the bad thing... one part just wants to daydream and imagine all sorts of possibilities, yet the sensible part is triggering alarms and telling me it's going to be a stupid infatuation so I should stop daydreaming! Argh. I hate being female. Or, maybe, I just hate the daydreaming part of me that makes everything so rosy...

I gotta go. Need to repeat 'We are just friends' to myself hundred times.

No comments: