Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sick x_x

Was having very sore shoulders and aching back last evening but I dismissed it as muscle aches from having such a long practice session after slacking too much.

It turned out to be the kind of body aches before the onset of fever. Spent the whole night in a semi-state of wakefulness, feeling very terrible and wanting to get up to get a panadol and wet towel but never actually managing it because the next moment I'd be asleep. And the cycle keeps repeating. It was only about 6am when I finally became quite awake and was contemplating getting a panadol, but decided against it because then I wouldn't be able to wake up to webcam with my parents.

And weirdly enough, I fell asleep! Until they had to call me three times before I actually heard the handphone ringing. Needless to say, I was feeling quite awful but I tried to be normal on the webcam. Didn't want them to know I was sick because it would feel terrible knowing I was ill but not being able to do anything to help. (Yes I am quite stubborn that way.)

After that I sms-ed one of the Singaporeans to tell them I wouldn't be joining them for the christmas party tonight, took panadol, got a wet towel, and went back to sleep. And sleep was pretty much what I did for the whole day. It was such bliss to sleep without being waken up by all that aching. Most of which were gone by evening, when my mind was clear once again.

What a silent Christmas.

No comments: