Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm a defective reject

So. I've been dumped by one of the singers for a professional.

Oh well. What can I say. She said her teacher wants her to use a professional. I think both doubted my ability to learn the part by January.

Just as well. Hers are the ones out of the three singers' pieces that I'm still not able to play properly. Giving allowance for my receiving her pieces the latest, they are still not decently played by now. Which kinda shows my inability... though I still think to myself that it's only because I haven't practised her pieces enough like I have the other two singers'.

That said, I must admit I haven't been able to connect with her pieces because I don't like them as well as the accompaniment parts she has given me. I suspect they are not very good reductions because they are not idiomatic at all for my instrument. This, in contrast to the other two singers' pieces, which I love... and which include the whole gamut of emotions, some of which are so heart wrenching-ly brought out by the singer that my heart was really aching as we practised!

I'm also guilty for ditching her an hour and a half before I was supposed to attend her lesson today. But I already did that last week, and I wasn't up to showing up to play so badly when I think she'd probably get more out of the lesson without me being cumbersome. Felt a little guilty, but somehow liberated because it meant I didn't have to be late for work again.

And speaking about work, tomorrow I will be meeting him and another chef for some shopping and jalan jalan in the city centre before work. Yay!

No comments: