Sunday, December 31, 2006

Slacking and pigging out

NH just called to say his plane has touched down in UK and he'll reach home by about 3am. Back to my smelly mouldy room then... *sob*

Despite promising myself to finish at least the assignment this week, I'm really ashamed to announce that I haven't done much over the past few days. The only thing I was hardworking about was practising, which is good in a way... but once I get home I have the tendency to slack. I'd much rather browse blogs, watch the movies I have on the external hard disk over and over again, do anything but work. Sigh.

I did try very hard last night, but after listening to what I've already written, I will just be sian ji pua and not only don't feel like doing work, but also feel like deleting everything I'd written! And after listening to it over and over again in an attempt to maybe hope a bulb will light up somewhere... I was ready to give it up. So I moved on to watching a video of the opera which I've chosen to do for one of the essays. Fortunately I managed to find its score in the central library, otherwise I really wouldn't have been able to do anything except watch it.

I hate essays and assignments!!!! I'd much rather have more practical stuff even though I'm scared to death of them, and can really screw up. But since I don't ever get tired of practising, and at least it's just... go up there, do your stuff, and it's over. Much better than doing essays when you have to mull over it, do lots of research and reading, and finally force yourself to stare at the computer for days on end. (Ok, I know watching movies is also staring at the computer.) Just to come up with rubbish that many people have already written about. I do like reading and learning all the academical things, just not plaigarising summarising paraphrasing trying to express the same opinion as others have done in their books. Give me practical stuff any day.

It's also not helping much that I have a very guilty conscience because I suddenly got a monstrous appetite. Think it's because of the sudden jump to colder-than-before temperatures. But that's no excuse! I don't wanna become as fat as I became at the end of last year again! Look what I had for dinner for the past three days:










Thursday: devoured half a duck by myself (was really craving for Peking duck for unknown crazy reasons so I bought it at Aldi, sold frozen, together with the wrapper thingy and sauce). As if this was not enough, I munched on a whole packet of popcorn that was about probably medium-sized as sold in cinemas. Oh the horrors!










Friday: had lamb shank in rosemary and mint sauce (also bought frozen from Aldi). Then I moved on to peanut glutinous rice balls in water with brown sugar (what a great comfort to eat this and listen to the wind howling!) Also ate three small packets of Cheese Curls (light potato and maize snack that's cheese flavoured, very addictive) after that.










Today: ate two pieces of southern fried chicken (again, bought frozen from Aldi), with a mountain of fries drizzled with melted cheese. No picture, because I wolfed down the whole thing before I remembered that I should capture a picture to remind me of all the fats I've just consumed. And then peanut glutinous rice balls again (bought frozen from a shop in china town, same brand as the one in Singapore!), this time in soya milk.

Oh, the sinful convenience of frozen food. Buy it, keep it for as long as you want, and when you're craving for it, take it out, bang it in the oven, and half an hour later it's ready. No fuss. But also unhealthy.

I think it's just a once-in-a-long-time thing, cos right now I'm feeling too sick of such rich food and am ready to eat like I normally do once again. Just hope it will last for some time before I start craving for something more fattening. And then, I will attack the pizzas still lying in the freezer *cackles*.

No comments: