Saturday, December 23, 2006

German chocolate loot

Woke up early for the first time during the holidays and went to uni to do some practising. I loved the feeling of satisfaction after spending a good three hours working on things. At the very least, it sort of made up a bit for the guiltiness I had been feeling for not doing any work ever since the start of holidays.

I then took a train to the city centre, because when I had visited the central library yesterday I hadn't looked up some things. And it's my only source of information right now, since I had procrastinated doing work and going to the library so much that when I finally got my lazy bum out of the house on Friday, I found out (to my very great dismay and guilt) that the music library and the resource library were closed from Friday. Serves me right for lazing my Thursday afternoon away, thinking I could always go to the library on Friday. And both libraries are only going to be open on 3 Jan, a short twelve days before my three essays are due. Also, I'll be working for the whole week starting 2 Jan, 9am-4pm, so I might not even have twelve days to do work. Argh I really hated myself so much (I still do, but not much use crying over spilt milk now).

Anyway, so I went back to the central library this afternoon and sat down with some reference books. Also found some other useful books, but in the end, I'm still going to have to wait till the music library opens because the central library just doesn't the score for the essay topic I've chosen. I'll just try to do the most I can in the mean time though.

I rewarded myself for doing so much work coming down to the library even though I initially wanted to go home after practising due to the cold (thinking I'd probably not find anything useful anyway), by getting myself some chocolates from the Christmas market. It was the last day the market was open, so quite a number of stalls were having discounts. I got a buy-one-get-one-free bag of chocolate peanut clusters for £3, and two I-dunno-what-it's-called chocolate thingys (previously recommended by HN) for £1. I'm going to save the chocolates for when I start doing the essays.


No comments: