Saturday, December 16, 2006

End of autumn term

Start of the much awaited for one-month hols!

Not that I'm going to have much time to slack, but anyway I'll still have more time than usual without having to go for lectures and stuff. I just need to prevent myself from procrastinating and start on the three essays, one assignment, and ideas for next term's huge assignment. All of which (except the last) are due on the first day of term.

On the third day back will be the BIG DAY for me when I play for two singers' assessed performances. Currently not too worried about this because both singers are very consistent in the way they interpret their pieces so I know they won't spring a big surprise on me by making huge changes on the day. And without them here during the holidays I can't do much except make sure my part is ok.

I'll be working more during the holidays too, but in the day at the cafe. Some of the staff are going to have breaks/holidays so the restaurant staff are going to help out. The restaurant will be closed for three weeks while the boss and his family goes back to Japan. I'm just a tad worried because apparently the majority of cafe customers are old people with very strong accents. Hope I understand them. And I'll be working with the miss-experienced, who has switched from a night-time to day-time staff for some time already. Even the boss admits that both she and the other cafe staff have 'very strong character'. My tolerance level is very high and I can always seem unaffected, but I'm just not that keen on feeling low/stupid working every day with her. We shall see...

No comments: